Anderson’s Nursing Leadership, Management, And Professional Practice For The LPN – LVN In Nursing School and Beyond 5th Edition by Tamara R. Dahlkemper – Test Bank
Test Bank For Anderson’s Nursing Leadership, Management, And Professional Practice For The LPN – LVN In Nursing School and Beyond 5th Edition by Tamara R. Dahlkemper
Anderson’s Nursing Leadership, Management, And Professional Practice
ISBN-13: 978-0803629608, ISBN-10: 0803629605
Chapter 1: Historical Perspective and Current Trends
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. The nursing student predominantly uses knowledge about the history of nursing for what purpose?
|1.||To understand the professional choices open to the student|
|2.||To prevent making medication errors in practice|
|3.||To determine what geographical area is the best place to practice|
|4.||To reduce the cost of delivering quality healthcare|
2. The nurse is working in an underdeveloped country and observes the natives lighting ritual fires and pounding on primitive drums around the sick person to promote recovery. The nurse interprets this behavior as indicating the natives believe illness results from what?
|1.||Pathogens and genetics|
|3.||Tides and planets|
|4.||Plants and animals|
3. The person credited with making a written record of healthcare practices and removing the mythical aspect of healthcare is who?
4. Who served as the first public health nurses, caring for the sick and the poor?
|1.||The Presbyterian Church|
5. What is a crucial issue the nurse working in the late industrialization era would need to address in order to promote health?
|1.||Reducing spread of infection|
|2.||Reducing sedentary lifestyle|
|3.||Teaching proper use of medications|
|4.||Teaching use of car seats|
6. What types of skills would a nursing student learn while attending Kaiserworth Deaconess Institution in 1836?
|2.||Assisting in surgery|
|3.||Washing and changing bed linens|
|4.||Developing a plan of care|