Test Bank for Essentials of Medical Language 3rd Edition by Allan
Chapter 06 Test Bank
- Which of the following words describes a layer of the heart wall?
- The two superior chambers of the heart are the:
- If your heartbeat is too fast or too slow, what specialist would you see?
- Which of the following words means a condition involving blood pressure:
- The medical term pericarditis means:
inflammation on the inside of the heart.
inflammation on the outside of the heart.
inflammation of the heart muscle.
structure of the sac around the heart.
infection of the airways of the lungs.
- Myocardium refers to the heart:
- The heart, arteries, and veins are part of the ___________________ system.
- The medical term vasoconstriction means:
incision into the vagus nerve.
increase in the diameter of a blood vessel.
decrease in the diameter of a blood vessel.
blood vessels returning blood to the heart.
largest veins leading to the heart.
- Which of the following words, meaning a lower chamber of the heart, is correctly spelled?
Which of the following words mean an increase in diameter of a blood vessel?
- The word apex means:
A. superior or top.
B. tip or end.
- The word for a wall dividing two cavities is ______________, and its plural is ______________.
A. septe; septies
B. septate; septaces
C. septum; septums
D. septa; septae
E. septum; septa